The Innovation Transfer Network (ITN) offers enhanced services to the businesses and academic institutions that have made a leadership and financial commitment to ITN. As a member, these organizations receive priority access to projects and expertise, special reports, access to our grant review team, visibility at networking opportunities, and priority access to industry/faculty/leadership discussions hosted by ITN.
- View the benefits of Academic Membership
- View the benefits of becoming a Business Innovation Partner
Here are a few of the benefits faculty, staff and students at our member colleges and universities receive:
1. Outreach to Companies Looking to Connect with Acadmic Expertise: ITN will proactively work to connect our member faculty/staff/students with companies who express an interest in their area of market expertise. We work together with individuals to bridge the gap between corporate and academia and accelerate community engagement.
- Valuable contacts with the business community
- Enhanced classroom experience working on real-world problems, projects
- Opportunities for sponsored research
- Hands-on industry engagement for students as part of the college experience
2. Your Featured Academic Profile in our Alert and the Edge:
- All new academic profiles posted by faculty/staff/students are highlighted in the Enclave and are emailed to those who subscribe to the Alert (free service when you register). Alert recipients see the academic institution, the expertise or project posted and are linked directly to the faculty/student/staff members' profile page. A good reason to keep your profile current!
- All edits and updates made to an existing academic profile in the Enclave are included in the Alert, which is proactively emailed to subscribers (free service when you register) highlighting the new projects and information changed in a faculty/student/staff profile. Yet another reason to keep your profile up-to-date!
- A summary of all academic projects and expertise posted by faculty/staff/students in the Enclave are distributed bi-annually to our Business Innovation Partners, these are thought leaders and progressive companies looking to gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. This is the only summary report of the Enclave available! One more reason to keep your academic profile up-to-date!
3. Outreach to Campuses (faculty/staff) in the Network:
- Collaborate and learn from other faculty in similar or related departments
- Join forces with other faculty to draft and submit regional grant applications
- Opportunities for inter-campus projects and classroom activities
4. Assistance with Grant Reviews and Editing:
- ITN staff will assist in the grant application review process and make suggestions, as appropriate. (Note: ITN does not write grant applications.)
5. Access to Intellectual Property Resources and Templates
6. Marketing and Promotion of the College/University:
- Academic logo on all individual (member) profiles posted by faculty, staff, students, in the Enclave
- Academic logo, tag line, and links listing on the Member Network page
- Ability to add an academic profile to the Enclave
- Academic name and logo featured at networking events
- Academic name and links featured in electronic publications.
Here are a few of the valuable benefits of being a Business Innovation Partner:
1. Priority Connection to Faculty/Staff Expertise: ITN will work proactively to connect our business partners with faculty/staff/students who bring the necessary industry expertise to the table. We already know the contacts at each of our institutions, so you don't need to roam the hallways in search of talent. We've done it for you.
- Access to faculty expertise for industry trends and market discussion
- Expertise in market research and analysis
- Access to expertise for new product development and/or product refinement
- Collaboration on grant funding and/or other outside funding options
- Access to the grant team for application review and recommendations
2. Access to project summaries, giving you "The Edge"
- Our Business Innovation Partners receive a bi-annual summary of all the academic expertise in the Enclave - a simple, easy to read report, including the institution's name and brief project overviews. This is the only summarized report from the Enclave available, giving each business easy, first-hand access to help you connect with talent!
3. Your Featured Business Profile in our Alert:
- All new business profiles posted are highlighted in the Enclave and are emailed to those who subscribe to the Alert (free service when you register). Alert recipients see the company name, the expertise or project posted and are linked directly to the business members' profile page. A good reason to keep your profile current!
- All edits and updates made to an existing business profile in the Enclave are included in the Alert, which is proactively emailed to subscribers (free service when you register) highlighting the new projects and information changed in a business profile. Yet another reason to keep your profile up-to-date!
3. Assistance with Grant Reviews and Editing.
- ITN staff will assist in finding appropriate academic partners for a potential grant applications, assist in the grant review process and make suggestions, as appropriate. (Note: ITN does not write grant applications.)
4. Access to Intellectual Property Resources and Templates.
5. Marketing and Promotion of Your Company.
- Company logo on all individual (member) profiles associated with the company in the Enclave
- Company logo, tag line and links listing on the Member Network page
- Company name and logo featured at all major events
- Company name and logo featured in electronic publications.
Our Business Innovation Partners and Academic Members have made a leadership and financial commitment to the Innovation Transfer Network in order to take advantage of these benefits. If you would like to discuss becoming a member of ITN, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717.948.6455.